We are always looking for new inventory at FRANCIE’S!
Consignment is by appointment only. We schedule appointments between 11:30AM and 5PM on weekdays, and occasionally on Saturdays. Email us or call (Topsfield: 978-887-0331) to make an appointment. When you contact us, please let us know if you are calling to consign clothing or home items, or both.
At your appointment we will look through your items and select the pieces we think will sell. The appointments take about 15-20 minutes.
• We will keep those items that we accept for 60 days. At the end of the 60 days, you will have 7 days during which you can retrieve any items that did not sell.
• After the 60-day selling period, you will receive a check for 40% of the item’s price.
• As your items sell, money will be “deposited” into your Store Account at FRANCIE’S. If at any time you would like to purchase something at FRANCIE’S, you can use your store credit to pay for your purchase.
Specific Requirements for the Boutique:
• We ask that you bring a minimum of 5 pieces or a maximum of 30 pieces to your appointment.
• We are accepting seasonal items – buy now, wear now. All items must be in perfect condition, clean and not wrinkled. In other words, items must be ready to go right out on the sales floor. Clothing does not need to be on hangers.
• We look for items that are no more than 2 years old, or vintage pieces that are 25+ years old.
• To open a consignment account at FRANCIE’S we must accept a minimum of 2 of your items.
• We will price your items based on their original value, condition, and market demand. FRANCIE’S cannot guarantee the selling price of your items. If you need to receive a specific amount for an item, we recommend that you try auctioning the piece online.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT…
• ITEMS THAT HAVE PILLING, SPOTS, STAINS, PULLS, scuffs, scratches, discoloration or any damage whatsoever.
• SELECT Brands: Target (Mossimo, Merona, Xhiliration), Apt. 9, Croft & Barrow, Appleseeds, Old Navy, Forever21, H&M, Hennes, Alfred Dunner, Faded Glory, White Stag, Wet Seal, Sonoma, Christopher & Banks, Covington, Worthington, St. John’s Bay, Dress Barn
• OUT OF SEASON ITEMS
Specific Requirements for the Home Store:
• We ask that you bring a minimum of 3 items or a maximum of 20 items to your appointment.
• We are accepting gently used home decor and furnishings.
• Items that cannot retail for a minimum of $10.00 are not accepted.
• If your items are large and difficult to transport, we suggest you email us photos and descriptions before setting up a consignment appointment (email: email@example.com). Please note: you are responsible for moving your items into and out of our shop, so bring your own muscle! 🙂
• We do not accept bedding, electronics, pewter, silver, china, crystal, or “projects” (items that need to be fixed up) among other things. Items that sell well: lamps, mirrors, small accent furniture, tableware, holiday decor, and items that are either VERY practical/useful on an everyday basis OR items that are SO unique that our customers don’t have anything like them at home..
Please feel free to call us with any questions about the consignment process, or if you have specific pieces you would like to discuss. We look forward to seeing you soon at FRANCIE’S!